The Journal of English Language and Literature (JELL) welcomes submissions of high quality, unpublished, original research pertaining to language and literature. All submissions should be made via the online electronic editorial office. If you do not have access to the internet, please contact the office of the English Language and Literature Association of Korea (ELLAK) to discuss alternative methods of submission. When submitting research papers, please ensure the following guidelines are observed.
Manuscript Form Guidelines
- 1. The length of submitted papers should be between 5,000 and 7,000 words, inclusive of footnotes but excluding the Works Cited list. A cover letter should be submitted with your manuscript and must include a statement that the content has not been published previously and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- 2. To secure the fairness of reviewing process, the author should remove their name and all other identifying marks from the manuscript. Where necessary, the author may be referred to as “the author” or “authors” and then to “he or she” or to “they.”
- 3. On a separate page, the author should provide the title of the article, their name, affiliation, and position, email address, and cell phone number. Where necessary, and should your paper be accepted for publication, acknowledgements may be added later.
- 4. On the separate page, the author must include an abstract of 250 words and 5 keywords, written in English.
5. On the separate page, the author must include a short bio-note in English, approximately 50~70 words long, and must use bold text for the author name only. For example:Steve Kim is Associate Professor and Chairperson of English at the University of California. He teaches British Romantic Poetry and Nineteenth-Century Literature. He has published on Wordsworth, Coleridge, Keats, Bram Stoker, Mary Shelley, and others. He is currently working on Romanticism and public opinion.Email: email@example.com
Manuscript Style Guideline
All submissions should conform to the requirements of the latest version of JELL’s Style Sheet. Please download the following:
How to Submit
After meeting the requirements of JELL’s Instruction for Authors procedure (above), submissions may be uploaded to ELLAK’s website: http://ellak.jams.or.kr
- 2. Manuscripts may be submitted at any time during the year, and there is no deadline for submission.
When submitting, authors are requested to perform an ethics check (the similarity test on the manuscript: 논문 유사도 검사) using the Korea Citation Index(KCI) website [https://www.kci.go.kr].
Author Fee/ Membership Fee
- 1. Review Fee: The author should pay ￦30,000 Korean Won for a reviewing fee. Each reviewer should receive some evaluation fee.
- 2. Publication Fee: When a submission is accepted to be published, the author is responsible for the publication fee. The publication fee is ￦250,000 Korean Won in general and ￦400,000 Korean Won if the article receives financial support from any source.
All authors seeking to publish their research in JELL must first hold a current annual membership to ELLAK.
For information regarding annual membership
Research and Publication Ethics
All authors submitting research papers to JELL will pledge to observe the journal’s Research Ethics and Submission Guidelines as well as our Publishing Ethics, and provide a letter pledging academic honesty when submitting final drafts of accepted papers for publication in the journal.
- 1. JELL is published four times a year by the English Language and Literature Association of Korea (ELLAK). The March and September issues are published in English only, and the June and December issues are published in both English and Korean.
- 2. The dates of publication for the Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter issues of the journal are March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31, respectively.
|Spring Mar 31st||English only|
|Summer June 30th||English and Korean|
|Autumn Sept 30th||English only|
|Winter Dec 31st||English and Korean|